Using Cricut Explorer 3 to make a Custom Phone Case and Shirt Design
Using Cricut Explorer 3 to make a Custom Phone Case and Shirt Design
Have you ever wished to design your own custom phone case and shirt? Well, I did. Because I've always loved the idea of having something custom-made and making something personal that I'd like.
So, I opened the Cricut Design Space and started brainstorming ideas for what I could do. Then I realised I could do something related to Marvel and the Avengers. So, I decided to make a shirt print based on the Avengers logo and a phone case based on one of my favourite superheroes, Spider-Man.
Making the shirt design and cutting it:
Things you need:
- Cricut Explorer 3 Machine
- A compatible device, such as a tablet or a laptop
- Smart Iron-On Vinyl sheet (any colour of your choice)
- An Iron
- A plain coloured shirt
- Butter Paper
- A Cricut Weeder
- Any design you like (The most important)
I go to Google and search for appropriate images for my design. First, I made the shirt design. I searched 'Avengers Logo' and found the right image. For importing an image in Cricut's design space, it shouldn't have a background image. So, I removed its background and imported it into Canvas (Canvas is where you import your design, change its scale according to your needs, and customise it). After doing that, I changed its scale according to my measurements. I set its scale, and then I click on 'Make it' and then click on the 'Without Mat' option because the material I was using didn't need a mat to be able to cut. After that, I select where my design should be kept on the Vinyl sheet, and I select the Iron-On option because I was going to print it on my shirt, then I proceed to the next step.
I then start my Cricut machine and keep the vinyl sheet. Then, I connect the Cricut machine via Bluetooth and then click on 'Next' and then start the Play button. The Cricut machine then started to set itself up, checking the tools and then repositioning itself to its Home Position. Then, the Cricut machine started cutting the vinyl according to the design I provided. After cutting the vinyl, I clicked on 'Finish' on my device and then took the vinyl sheet out. Then, I cut the part around my design in a square shape and proceeded to the next step of printing it onto my shirt.
Step 2: Printing the custom design on my shirt
After cutting the design, I took my shirt, an iron, and a flat surface such as a blanket or a bedsheet. I gently removed the excess part of the vinyl and then placed the design on my shirt.
I then took my shirt and kept it flat on the blanket, and then plugged the iron in and set its settings to Cotton and then took the butter paper and kept it on the vinyl design and then ironed it for the next 30 seconds on every part of the vinyl design. After doing so, I removed the butter paper and let the vinyl cool down. After it had cooled down, I removed the plastic that was on the vinyl, and then my custom-printed shirt was ready!
Making the Custom Phone Cover Design and cutting it:
Things you need:
- Cricut Explorer 3 Machine
- A compatible device, such as a tablet or a laptop
- Smart Vinyl sheet (any two colours of your choice)
- Your Phone
- A Cricut Weeder
- Any design you like (The most important)
First, I decided which design to use, so I looked it up on Google and then did the same process that I did while importing the Avengers logo for my shirt. I chose the Spider-Man logo, took my phone case and then took its measurements. (Before this, FYI, I didn't make the phone case, I already had a phone case which was transparent and boring (idk why adults like them), so I cut the vinyl and applied it to my phone case).
After taking the measurements, I made a rectangle in the Canvas and changed its measurements according to my phone cover. I then decided to use the black vinyl for the background, which was going to be shaped as a rectangle. After that, I cut it and then pasted it onto my phone case. Now that I had the background done, I imported the Spider-Man logo and then cut it as well. After that, I applied it to the black vinyl. My custom phone case was READY!


Comments
Post a Comment