Making a 3D printed 11000mAh Power Bank
Making a 3D printed 11000mAh Power Bank
After watching, I saw links to the parts I needed and ordered them along with my other components.
When the parts arrived, I connected the circuit and tested it. It worked perfectly! After watching the video again, I noticed the creator did not cover everything and made a temporary version of the power bank. I wondered why it had to be designed this way, so I decided to create my own case and 3D print it.
First, I measured the parts. The power bank would be large because of the battery size. I chose not to use the basic Tinkercad software for the design. Instead, I downloaded Fusion 360 to learn something new and cooler. I got a free student plan, which was very helpful.
I began watching tutorials to learn the basics. It was quite easy, and once I felt confident, I started my design. The tutorials.
Before I began designing, I had to measure where the components would fit, which was tricky. After some time and some confidence in my measurements, I started the design process.
The main box would be rectangular. The battery would go at the back of the box, and the charging module, with various ports on three sides, would be at the front, elevated slightly. The lid would have four screws at the corners and a space for the display. I proceeded with this design and printed it. This took a lot of time.
When I started assembling it, I faced some problems. The various charging ports of the module didn’t fit through the spaces, and the switch was too small to access from outside the box; the display wasn't visible due to the low height of the module, etc. So, I had to start designing the whole box with some changes. I made the changes. And after some time checking every small detail, I printed it again. On the other hand, the problem with the switch of the module was still not solved. So, I took the switch out from the module (basically, broke it) and, after some inspecting, I finally found the two extremely small terminals and connected another big switch to the module. I made the respective changes in the design and then printed it.
After printing it again, I fixed the components, and I tested it. It worked like a charm! The charging was fast, and the capacity of the power bank was insane.
2) The Instructions to make this are given below:
Components:
- 18650 5V 2.4A Lithium Battery Dual USB Output with Digital Display Charging Module
- 5 Lithium- ion 3.7V 2200mAh - 2500mAh batteries
- 2 wires
- 1 push-button switch
- 10 x 32650 Battery Holder with 32.35MM Bore Diameter
- Copper wire
- 4 x 1mm screws
- 4 x 2mm screws
Tools:
- Soldering gun and accessories
- 3D Printer
1. First, 3D print the given file below (If you're lazy):
2. Otherwise, design the box as given below
- First, create a sketch (choose the XY plane) using various tools like drawing a box, circles and some lines. Change the size of the squares and circles according to this photo
- After creating the sketch, extrude different parts of this sketch according to the photos given below
- Create a new sketch for the hole for the switch (choose the XZ plane), like below. Extrude it as shown in the image.
- The box is ready!!!
4. While the box is printing, take the battery holders and place the batteries in them, such that 5
holders on each side, with every battery's positive and negative terminals on the same side.
5. Connect the batteries in series using the copper wire.
6. Connect the positive terminal and the negative terminal to the module at B+ and B- using normal wires.
7. Remove the switch from the module, and by using wires, connect the terminals of the switch to the module at the terminals where the original switch was connected.
8. The circuit is complete. Now, take the 3D printed box and place the components in their respective places. Using 1mm screws, connect the module to the box.
9. Using the 2mm screws, close the box with the lid.
10. Test it. Your Power Bank is READY!













.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment